Robert M. Galecke joined the University of Dallas in June 1996. As Executive Vice
President, he is responsible for the following areas within the University: Financial
Affairs, Endowment Management, Human Resource Management, Business Services, Support
Services (Housing, Dining, Campus Safety, Risk Management), Information Technology,
Office of Advancement, all University facilities including the Rome, Italy campus,
and the University’s extensive land development holdings in Irving/Las Colinas, Texas,
where he is President & CEO of two subsidiary corporations.
- Mr. Galecke also served as Interim President of the University from January 2004 to
June 2004 and from August 2009 to March 2010.
- He is the President and CEO of CARES, a university healthcare consortium providing
health benefits for approximately 5000 faculty, employees and family members of which
UD is a member.
- He is President of Irving Flood Control District 1, Irving, Texas, a political subdivision
of the State of Texas, created for the purpose of providing flood control and drainage
facilities to protect approximately 660 acres of land and over $300,000,000 of assessed
commercial properties in the district adjacent to the University.
- He is Chairman of the Board at Ursuline Academy in Dallas, a private Catholic college
preparatory high school for young women founded in 1874.
- He is a director and chair of the audit committee of a publicly traded company.
- He is a director of the Irving - Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce.
- He is a director of the Irving Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Mr. Galecke’s community involvement includes:
- Rotary Club of Irving
Dallas Friday Group
Mr. Galecke also has been Chairman, President or CEO of public companies in healthcare,
real estate and financial services, as well as having spent 20 years in the commercial