"A special kind of beauty exists which is born in language, of language and for language."
- Gaston Bachelard, French Philosopher
Amount: $1000 - $5000 Per Year
Eligibility: High School Seniors and Transfer Students
Application available: August 1st
Deadline to apply: January 15th
Deadline to interview on campus: February 1st
The French Scholarship competition consists of a written exam and an oral interview.
Both must take place during an official on-campus visit. Students enrolled in their
third year of high school French or those who have completed the equivalent level
of study may apply. The scholarship is not awarded to native speakers of French.
To Apply for the French Department Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to University of Dallas.
- Complete the French Departmental Scholarship Application and submit two weeks prior to your campus visit and interview. Email any supplemental material to email@example.com or mail to the following address:
University of Dallas
Office of Undergraduate Admission
French Department Scholarship
1845 E Northgate Drive
Irving, TX 75062
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school or college French teacher.
- Schedule an on-campus interview with the French Department by registering for Odyssey Day or a personalized visit to the University of Dallas.
The French Department Scholarship is renewable annually for four consecutive school
years, dependent upon the student's academic performance and the criteria stated below:
- Fulfill general scholarship renewal criteria.
- Declare and complete a concentration in French.
- Help organize at least one extracurricular activity per semester that is of interest
to students of French.