Valuable tools that any successful student can use
As of student in the Braniff Graduate School of Liberal Arts you can depend on being
connected with bright and ambitious students, resourceful and acclaimed faculty and
a helpful and knowledgeable staff. While you're here, we encourage you to engage with
your professors, classmates and the services of the school. Feel free to browse this
site as there are many people and places right here on campus that will enhance your
Find out precisely when classes begin by accessing the university's academic calendar, updated each academic year.
Typically, classes begin at the following times throughout the year:
- Fall semester: late-August
- Interterm: Christmas break
- Spring semester: mid-January
- Mayterm: mid-May
- Summer I: early-June
- Summer II: mid-July
Each program is assigned a graduate director for advising.
Please seek advising from your graduate director during the 2 days before classes
begin each semester. When meeting with your graduate director/advisor, please confirm
that you have registered for the proper courses.
"Banner Web" is the online portal through which University of Dallas students register
for classes and update their personal information (like mailing address).
Banner Web Login Instructions:
- Go to www.udallas.edu. Place the cursor over "Menu" in the upper right corner, select "My UD," select
“Banner Web,” and click on “Register for courses, update your personal information.”
Or, click here.
- Enter your user ID, which is your 9-digit UD ID number which was sent to you in a
separate email. Your initial pin is your birth date in numerical form, i.e. "mmddyy."
Example: Jan. 5, 1997 = 010597
- Note: If this does not work, your birth date may not be in the computer system, so
try entering your PIN as the last 6 digits of your ID.
- You must immediately change to a new PIN, which must be 6 - 15 alphabetic and numeric
characters (no special characters). To do so, re-enter your birth date and then enter
the new PIN twice, as prompted. Remember this PIN for subsequent logins.
- Enter a security question and answer. The question and answer have no relationship
to the PIN. If you forget your PIN, the system will use the security question to
allow you to enter a new PIN.
- For subsequent logins, the User ID is your UD ID number and the PIN is the newly created
- If you don’t remember your PIN, enter your 9-digit ID as above, leave the PIN blank,
and then click the "Forgot PIN" button. The system will ask you your security question.
When you have answered it correctly, it will prompt you to create a new PIN, which
must be 6 - 15 alphabetic and numeric characters (no special characters).
- Note: You are allowed only a certain number of attempts before the system disables
your login, so don’t “guess” your PIN more than 4 times before using the “Forgot PIN”
button. Otherwise, you will be locked out!
Cyber Security Note: Do not give other people your PIN. By using your Banner Web account, you accept responsibility
for financial and academic consequences. The system records the actions you have
taken via the web. If you give out your PIN, you are also accepting responsibility
for whatever the other person does to your account! It is important to EXIT the BROWSER
(not just exit Banner Web) when you are finished. Otherwise, another user can simply
use the browser back-arrow to enter your record without having to log in.
Braniff Graduate Student Association
Braniff graduate students are encouraged to participate in "BGSA," the Braniff Graduate
Student Association. Find out more about BGSA
The "University Bulletin" is the official resource for UD information (program requirements, course descriptions,
general school info, etc.). Access your online copy. A hard copy can also be obtained from the Braniff Graduate Office, located in the
Braniff Graduate Building, 1st floor.
Financial aid is available to students who are degree-seeking, taking 6 credit hours
or more and who do not have discounted tuition. Visit the financial aid webpage to find out more.
Meningitis Vaccine Policy
Students under the age of 22 must also provide proof of immunization
from meningitis prior to enrolling for the first time at the university.
- Registration dates: Spring '18 registration opens on Nov. 7, 2017 and closes on Dec. 15, 2017. Registration reopens on Jan. 4, 2018.
- Late fees: A late fee of $100 is added when registering too close to the beginning of classes.
See the Office of the Registrar for more information.
- Registration process: Registration is done online through Banner Web. Please review the drop-down menu on "Banner Web" listed above, to learn more about
- Part-time status: you must be enrolled in at least six credit hours (or two courses) to be eligible
for financial aid.
- First-time registration for courses: Please choose at least two courses from your program, following the registration instructions per academic program.
- Humanities students: Access the humanities course listing for courses pertaining to the Humanities Program. For new humanities students, please also
refer to the registration instructions per academic program.
- Non-degree-seeking students: The above information on choosing two courses from a course listing does not apply
You can also view the entire Fall 2017 schedule of classes.
Braniff graduate students receive a UD email address, sent in a separate email when
they accept their offer of admission. Your username is your 1st initial followed by
your last name, and your password is initially your entire UD ID number (also sent
via a separate email). You may log in to your email account via http://www.gmail.com. Please check this email regularly, since all correspondence from UD will be sent to
this email address.
All students are required to have an ID card available upon request. Student ID cards
are obtained from the Campus Safety Office, located on the first floor of Haggar University
Center. You will need to show a driver’s license or passport. There will be a computer
kiosk located nearby, where you can pull up your course schedule, or you can bring
a print-out downloaded from Banner Web. This course schedule lists your UD ID#. The
ID card is also required for library use.
We invite you to engage in life beyond the classroom. You can find a full listing
of events and activities on the university calendar
The Writing Lab is located in Braniff 304 and offers individual 30-minute tutoring sessions for UD
students working on essays, regardless of the subject or the student's writing abilities.