The Entrepreneurship Society is an organization that promotes the entrepreneurial spirit in the University of Dallas community. The society strives to provide the resources and opportunities to facilitate meaningful immersion in entrepreneurial ventures. The Entrepreneurship Society is open to all undergraduate and graduate University of Dallas’ students and welcomes all career interests.
We encourage and support our members in topics such as: new venture creation, managing current ventures, investing, advising, and corporate partners. Receiving opportunities to practice their skills is a key component of the society as it resonates with the Satish and Yasmin Gupta College of Business mission to create ethical and effective decision makers. The society is supported by the University’s Career Services Office and Alumni relations and nurtures relationships with our alumni who are a vital part of our community and community partners who share our passion for helping and providing support.
The opportunities for involvement include:
- Membership and participation in the Collegiate Entrepreneur’s Organization
- Networking opportunities with entrepreneurship organizations
- Visits to area start-ups and businesses and technology incubators
- Hosting lecture events on various entrepreneurship topics such as: starting up, raising capital, managing employees, professional selling, and branding.
- Panel events and practicing entrepreneurs’ round tables to gain insights from entrepreneurs, venture capitals, and angel investors.
- Building a network of managerial, advisory, and financial resources for UD entrepreneurs by identifying and facilitating communication with University of Dallas alumni.
- Make available material from the U.S. Small Business Administration including but not limited to Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), Women’s Business Centers, and the Veterans Business Centers among other resources.
- Representing the University of Dallas in various school and private run business plan and case writing competitions.
- Awards banquets that recognize achievements and foster an entrepreneurial network.
In order to strengthen and offer small business development in the area as well as maintain and expand current enterprises, the Entrepreneurship Society works in conjunction with the Small Business Administration. This strategic alliance allows us to provide material that promotes entrepreneurship and offers information that is sound and lawful.