Undergraduate Business Practicum Experience
The Business Practicum Experience at University of Dallas is an opportunity for undergraduate
business students to meld theory and practice through a professional employment assignment.
- To provide students with real-world work experience that will make them more attractive
candidates for professional jobs when they graduate from UD;
- To give students a better understanding of potential career avenues, including an
opportunity to test the “fit” of these possible careers;
- To improve the UD classroom experience by giving students a wealth of contextual applications
for the theories and practices they are studying; and
- To help students build a professional network.
- Complete the Business Practicum Proposal and Registration form with the job’s anticipated activities, specific projects, and tentative work schedule.
- After submitting the form, you will receive confirmation via email if your proposed
practicum experience has been approved. If your practicum proposal is approved, no
further action is required.
- Students who wish to earn elective credits (up to 3) for the practicum must meet with
a career services counselor in the Career Office to register and complete the internship
- Upon completion of the practicum experience, the on-site practicum supervisor will
receive a performance evaluation survey via email. Practicum students must receive
an adequate rating to fulfill the practicum requirements.
- Once the 400-hour practicum requirement has been met, each student will give a 9-
to 10-minute presentation reflecting on their experiences with the practicum.
To satisfy the requirements of the Business Practicum Experience, students must complete
a minimum of 400 hours of work. The 400-hour requirement may be split over two different
work locations. Locations where students have worked prior to requesting approval
for the practicum internship are ineligible to serve as the practicum site unless
the student will be working in a new position/role within the organization.
Note: Only business majors are required to complete the practicum experience. Students
with a business concentration are not required to complete a practicum. Business concentration
students must complete an internship approved by Career Services and Dr. Robert N. Yale, Business Practicum Program Director.