Guest Borrowing Policy
Visitors to the Blakley Library who are not currently enrolled at, or employed by,
the University of Dallas are eligible to borrow materials with the purchase of a guest
card. Each guest card is valid for one year from date of issue (or, for TexShare card
holders, the expiration date of their TexShare card), and entitles the holder to borrow
up to five items for a three week period. Renewals may be granted twice.
Please note the following:
- Borrowers may be asked to present photo identification by Circulation staff in order
to use the guest card.
- Borrowers under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian apply for a guest card.
The borrower's parent will be responsible for all materials checked out on this card.
- No borrower will be allowed to check out materials without presenting the guest card
or a photo id. Providing information such as birthdate, address, or phone number is
- Bearers of a guest card are assumed by the Circulation staff to be the authorized
borrower. All late fees, lost book charges, or other fines that result from a borrower
"lending" his or her card to others will remain the responsibility of the borrower
and his or her parent.
- Lost guest cards must be immediately and directly reported to the Circulation department
of Blakley Library.
- Allowing anyone except the borrower or the borrower's parent or guardian (if under
18) to use a guest card is prohibited.
- Guest borrowers (or their parent/guardian) are responsible for checking their library
accounts regularly, and are responsible for materials and fines regardless of notice.
- Notify the Blakley library of address, phone, and email changes. Return library correspondence
and phone calls in a timely manner.
Violations of this agreement and any other pertinent library or university policies
may result in a loss of borrowing privileges without refund of card fees. Unresolved
disputes, charges, or refusal to surrender a card may result in registration holds,
transcript holds, account blocks, or collection actions by the University or, alternately,
by the borrower's sponsoring institution or school. Any refund of guest card fees
are at the discretion of the library.