5 Things You Need to Know About North Texas Giving Day
Date Published: Sept. 13, 2017
On Thursday, Sept. 14, people from across the U.S. (and, for that matter, the world)
will come together to support North Texas nonprofits on the ninth annual North Texas Giving Day. Last year’s day-long fundraiser garnered $37 million in donations to benefit 2,518
nonprofits, including the University of Dallas.
To prepare for North Texas’ annual day of giving, here are five things you need to
know about this momentous day:
- For the last four years, UD has received more gifts on North Texas Giving Day than
any other North Texas college or university. Last year, we raised more than $215,000
through nearly 600 individual gifts!
- While the majority of giving will take place on North Texas Giving Day itself, donors
can now schedule gifts in advance on northtexasgivingday.org (until midnight on Wednesday, Sept. 13).
- Between 6 a.m. and midnight on Sept. 14, all individual gifts, up to $10,000 each,
will help UD earn bonus funds from the Communities Foundation of Texas. In order to
qualify, gifts must be submitted through UD’s giving page on northtexasgivingday.org.
- Here’s a big one, UD: We have $125,000 committed in matching gifts this year! Here are the details:
- Special friends of the university have committed to matching the first $50,000 in
gifts received, dollar for dollar.
- A generous couple, who are parents of two UD alumni, will donate $50,000 once the
university has received $100,000 in gifts.
- During President Keefe's happy hour from 5-6 p.m., all gifts will be matched up to
- In celebration of the Class of 1992’s 25th reunion, an anonymous alumnus from this
class will donate up to $15,000 to match gifts made by members of the Class of 1992.
- Grateful parents of two current UD students will match all parent gifts up to $3,000.
- Finally, Ed, BA ’65, and Diane Stanley, parents of a UD alumna, are matching up to
$5,000 for gifts received from parents of both current students and alumni.
- Are you committed? This year, we’re challenging the university community to showcase their
commitment to UD, which also happens to be this year’s North Texas Giving Day theme
for UD: Committed. Tune in to the alumni Facebook page periodically to watch students, faculty and staff display their commitment.
Commit to UD on North Texas Giving Day at northtexasgivingday.org.