Facilities Equipment and Services
Equipment & Accessories
The Facilities Department provides equipment & accessories for campus sanctioned events.
This is done through the submission of a work request.
The listed equipment & accessories are subject to change without notice.
- 6' Rectangular folding tables & 4' round folding tables
- Blue "Samsonite" folding chairs
- Podiums & table-top lecterns
- Portable dry-marker & chalk boards (with markers, chalk & erasers)
- Portable Bars
- Banners (provided by the requesting individuals)
- Stages & Risers
- Electrical Generators
- 6' Ladders
- Outdoor lighting & adornments
- Safety Fencing (orange plastic) or barricades
- Trash cans & liners
- BBQ Grill (with prior approval) Note: A dedicated "Fire Watch" & extinguishing media must be maintained anytime a
fire is lit in the grill.
Items we do not provide
We do not provide tablecloths, skirting, or bunting for tables. ARAMARK Services must
be contacted to reserve those items. They can be reached at extension 5025.
- VIDEO EQUIPMENT & AUDIO EQUIPMENT We do not provide video or audio (TV, VCR, DVD, Computer lap-top, Slide projectors,
or Overhead projectors) equipment or accessories. We do not provide access to nor
operation of the Lynch Auditorium Sound & Projection Booth. The Faculty Support Center
must be contacted for those items. They can be reached at extension 5277 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We no longer provide cardboard moving boxes to move books or files.
We do not manufacture engraved signs. We must order them at our expense. We will order
standard name plates for departmental door identification, however specialty (desk
name plates) signs must be ordered & purchased by the requesting department at their
expense. Contact the Purchasing Department for University approved vendors.
- ELECTRIC SPACE HEATERS or FANS
We no longer provide electric space heaters to offices, nor do we recommend that you
bring one from home. They overload the electrical outlets and cause circuit breakers
to trip. We do not provide fans of either commercial or industrial grade for university
events; the blowers that Facilities maintains are for emergency ventilation purposes
or for the drying of wet carpets & furniture.
Services that we do not provide
- We do not repair any personally owned electronic items brought to campus.
- We do not provide access to locked doors on Campus. Direct your request to CSO.
- We do not provide storage locations for e-waste; contact the Purchasing Department
at ext. 5163 for information regarding the next e-waste pick up dates.
- We do not tow vehicles; the Facilities mechanic is not authorized to service privately
- We do not offer car battery jump-start service. Direct your request to CSO.
- We do not provide locksmith services to privately owned vehicles. You must contact
a locksmith yourself.
- We do not move pianos on or off campus.
- We do not move filing cabinets of any size that have not been completely emptied beforehand.
To do so would cause damage to the structure and function of the filing cabinet.