Groundhog Party in the Park
Students, Faculty, Staff & Alumni are invited to join SPUD at Groundhog Park for UD's
favorite tradition! You can expect all your favorites for this year's 50th Anniversary
of Groundhog Party in the Park.
MUSIC! FOOD! FUN!
Where else can you take a hayride and roast marshmallows in the middle of Dallas?
Chow down on burgers & dogs and wash it down with an icy cold beer or soft drinks.
Top it off with hot chocolate & s'mores while you enjoy the live bands in our very
own Groundhog Park!
When & Where?
- Saturday, February 2, 2013
- 8:30pm-12:30am (bands begin at 9pm)
- Doors close (shuttle to park ends) at 11pm-- no entry after that time.Shuttles are
required for entry to event and depart from Lynch Circle.
- Groundhog Park (Parking & entry at Lynch Circle)
Purchase Your Ticket
Admission to event is $30 per person and includes a Groundhog 2013 quarter zip pullover, transportation, and food and
beverages at the event.
How do I purchase a ticket?
- ONLINE... The fastest way to purchase your ticket is by purchasing online. Click HERE to be directed to the ONLINE ORDER FORM.
- All major credit cards accepted.
- Your ticket to the event is your Groundhog 2013 quarter zip pullover! Due to the number of groundhog enthusiasts we expect to see this year, we ask that
you indicate the size of pullover you prefer as you register (Small-XXLarge). However,
this does not guarantee you the selected size pullover.
- Will Call for online purchases made before Thursday January 31 will be available on
the Thursday and Friday prior to the event. Purchased made January 31 and February
1 may be picked up at the registration table the day of the event (Shirt sizes will
be available on a first come, first served basis).
- IN PERSON...If you prefer to make your purchase in person and not wait to pick up your ticket
(i.e. your pullover) head to the Student Activities & Leadership Center (SALC) during
business hours starting Friday, January 25.
- Cash, check, or money orders accepted. If you wish to purchase by credit card you
must use the online order form.
Please note: the groundhog tour shirt available for purchase in the UD Bookstore is not a valid ticket into the park.
Can I bring a guest?
Groundhog is for the University of Dallas community! We know this is everyone's favorite
event and you want to share your memories with your friends and family who may not
be a UD student, faculty, staff, or part of the UD alumni. All members of the UD community
are allowed to purchase 1 ticket for a non-UD guest.
Event Guidelines... Know before you come
Ticket (i.e. your Groundhog 2013 quarter zip pullover) is REQUIRED for entry.
Student ID & State ID REQUIRED. If you are not a current student only your State ID
- If you are 21 years of age or older you must receive a wrist band prior to boarding
the shuttles. You cannot obtain a wrist band at the Park. If yours tears you must
bring the old one and get a new one at the entrance to the shuttles.
Entrance to event is by shuttle only (pick up and drop off is at Lynch Circle). Last
shuttle to event departs at 11:00pm, no admittance after that time.
No bags, purses, or containers (including flasks) of any kind.
Those publicly intoxicated will not be admitted to event.
Public intoxication will result in removal from event. The University Alcohol Policy
remains in effect.