Did you know the University of Dallas owns 4 sailboats? Our boats are kept at Scott's
Landing Marina, only 30 minutes away from UD. Our sailing partner, the American Airlines
Sailing Club, maintains the boats, gives free sailing rides and lessons to all UD
Come sail with us!
Every Saturday of the Academic Year (during good weather months) Rec Programming offers
Sailing Saturdays for students! See the schedule below for dates and times of Sailing
If you really like sailing and have interest in becoming a skipper, join the American
Airlines Sailing Club for the skipper training sessions!
Go to aasailingclub.com for more information on the American Airlines Sailing club.
Sailing Saturdays: Registration & Schedule
Spring 2013 Sailing Saturdays is back! At this time, transportation is not provided.
Click on the Register Here links below to sign up. Space is limited to 16 each week.
- March 2, 2013
- March 9, 2013- Spring Break
- March 16, 2013- Spring Break
- March 23, 2013
- March 30, 2013- Easter Break
- April 6, 2013
- April 13, 2013
- April 20, 2013
- April 27, 2013
- May 4, 2013- Register Here (Opens April 30)
- WAIVER...ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST COMPLETE A STUDENT ACTIVITIES GENERAL WAIVER PRIOR TO ATTENDING
ANY SAILING EVENTS ON THE WATER.
- TRANSPORTATION... Participants are responsible for finding their own ride to and from Scotts Landing
- WEATHER CONDITIONS... For your safety, sailing days are contingent on sail day weather and wind conditions.
Participants will be contacted via email by 9:30am the morning of the sail if the
session will be cancelled due to inclement weather.
- CAPACITY... Each session has a capacity of 16 people. Sign-ups for the sail days will be available
in the Student Activities Center in Haggar. Priority will be given to undergraduate
- TIMING... Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the session. Sessions will start promptly at the
- BE PREPARED... Please make sure to wear rubber soled shoes such as walking or running shoes (NO
SANDALS OR FLIP FLOPS), bring a sweatshirt or jacket if weather is cool, sunscreen,
sunglasses, and bottle of water.