"Art is the Queen of all sciences communicating knowledge to all the generations of
the world" -Leonardo da Vinci
Amount: $1000 - $5000 Per Year
Eligibility: High School Seniors and Transfer Students
Application available: August 1
Deadline to apply: January 15
To Apply for the Art Department Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to University of Dallas
- Complete the Art Departmental Scholarship Application and attach any supplemental material to the online application OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit ONE of the following:
- No more than 20 digital images (72 dpi resolution, largest dimension should be a maximum
of 1000 pixels). Please also include a list of images as a .doc file, including thumbnail
of image, title, date, size and medium description. Artwork can be emailed to email@example.com.
- A short essay (400-600 words) analyzing a work of art, preferably one viewed in person.
Please include an image of the chosen work with your essay
- While not required for this award, applicants wishing to tour the art facilities and
meet with a member of the Art faculty can do so by registering for Odyssey Day or a personalized visit.
Apply for Scholarship
The Art Department Scholarship is renewable annually for four consecutive school years,
dependent upon the student's academic performance and the criteria stated below:
- Fulfill general scholarship renewal criteria.
- Enroll in and successfully complete a 2-credit or 3-credit studio art or art history
course each semester. Courses may not be repeated.