Amount: $1000 - $5000 Per Year
Eligibility: High School Seniors and Transfer Students
Application available: August 1st
Deadline to apply: January 15th
Deadline to interview on campus February 1st
Students who have applied to UD with an interest in studying Classics may compete
for the award.
The competition consists of a one-hour Greek or Latin translation test and interview
with the Classics Department faculty. We encourage you to schedule your test and interview
during the fall Odyssey Days program, however, you may schedule the test and interview
during a personalized visit as well. You must complete the application and schedule
an interview by February 1, 2018.
To Apply for the Classics Department Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to University of Dallas.
- Submit the recommendation form from your high school or college Latin or Greek teacher.
- Schedule an on-campus interview with the Classics Department by registering for Odyssey Day or a personalized visit to the University of Dallas.
- Complete the Classics Departmental Scholarship Application and submit two weeks prior to your campus visit and interview. Email any supplemental material to email@example.com or mail to the following address:
University of Dallas
Office of Undergraduate Admission
Classics Department Scholarship
1845 E Northgate Drive
Irving, TX 75062
The Classics Department Scholarship is renewable annually for four consecutive school
years, dependent upon the student's academic performance and the criteria stated below:
- Fulfill general scholarship renewal criteria.
- Complete three advanced courses within the Classics Department beyond the required
language Core. Exceptions to this are possible, especially if a student elects to
study Greek and must start at the elementary level. The exact number of required courses
will depend on the student's placement in Latin and/or Greek upon arrival and will
be determined by the Chair of the Department of Classics. Courses taken beyond the
Core may count as electives.
- Begin Classics courses during the first semester freshman year and take at least one
course each semester attending the Irving campus until the minimum is reached.
- Meet with the Classics Advisor each semester for approval of your course schedule
until you have achieved the minimum course completion requirement.