Amount: $1000 - $5000 Per Year
Eligibility: High School Seniors and Transfer Students
Application available: August 1
Deadline to apply: December 1
Deadline to interview on campus: December 15
To Apply for the Italian Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to University of Dallas.
- Complete the Italian Departmental Scholarship Application and submit at least two weeks prior to your campus visit and interview. Attach any
supplemental material to the online application OR email to email@example.com.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school or college Italian teacher
- Submit a letter of interest that also states prior experience with the Italian language.
- Submit your most recent high school transcript.
- Once you have completed your application you will be instructed on how to schedule
an on-campus interview with the Italian Department.
- Although it is not required for this scholarship, if applicants have studied Italian, they should be prepared to demonstrate their reading
and speaking ability in Italian.
Apply for Scholarship
The Italian Departmental Scholarship is renewable annually for four consecutive school
years, dependent upon the student's academic performance and the criteria stated below:
- Fulfill general scholarship renewal criteria.
- Complete at least four upper-division Italian courses and thus, at minimum, a Concentration.
- Begin Italian courses during the first semester freshman year and take at least one
course each semester until the minimum is reached.
- Meet with the Italian advisor each semester for approval of your course schedule until
you have achieved the minimum course completion requirements.
- Help organize at least one extra-curricular activity per semester that is of interest
to students of Italian.