Amount: $1000 - $5000 Per Year
Eligibility: High School Seniors and Transfer Students
Application available: August 1
Deadline to apply: December 1
Deadline to interview/audition on campus: November 18
Deadline to interview virtually: December 14
To Apply for the Music Department Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to University of Dallas.
- Complete the Music Departmental Scholarship Application and submit two weeks prior to your campus visit and interview/audition. Attach any supplemental material to the online application OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a music instructor.
- Submit a letter of intent describing your goals regarding music, how you envision
music fitting into your life at UD and your plans after graduation.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school or college music teacher.
- Once you have completed your application you will be instructed on how to schedule
an on-campus interview/audition with the Music Department.
- Applicants should be prepared to perform two contrasting works (i.e. one fast, one
slow, can be from the same piece or from different pieces) during their audition and
will also participate in an oral interview. Please contact the Music Department with
questions or for more information.
Apply for Scholarship
The Music Department Scholarship is renewable annually for four consecutive school
years, dependent upon the student's academic performance and the criteria stated below:
- Fulfill general scholarship renewal criteria.
- Participate in at least one ensemble each semester.
- Take at least one academic music class each year.