Deep in the heart of Texas.
The ninth-largest city and part of the fourth-largest metropolitan area in the nation,
Dallas covers approximately 343 square miles and has a population of 1,299,543. The
ultra modern and sophisticated city attracts worldwide travelers, making the area
the No. 1 visitor and leisure destination in Texas.
- UD is located in Dallas, Texas which has a robust economy and is the headquarters
of 50 Fortune 1000 companies.
- The University of Dallas has established reputation with more than 15,000 alumni from
over 96 countries.
- The Dallas area is home to 16 different Asian nationalities.
- Dallas has been named a "Top 5 city for African Americans" by Black Enterprise magazine.
- Texas history is deeply rooted in the Hispanic culture. Today, nearly half of the
city's population is Latino.
- Dallas is a richly diverse American city: over the years it has become a melting pot
of cultures, religions and lifestyles.
- Dallas' authentic arts, music, food, places of worship, historic landmarks and urban
lifestyle all contribute to the city's makeup.