Building a High Commitment Organization
Attracting, retaining, and engaging a talented work force is a strategic imperative.
Join us for a one-day session that will give you the tools and best practices to create
a committed workforce. This workshop is designed to provide a tested and tailored
approach to enhancing employee engagement and involves a wide variety of assessments
that will help participants develop their own engagement enhancing skills.
Tuition: $495.00 (includes lunch and all course materials)
Dallas (Irving Campus): February 22, 2018
(8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
Houston: June 7, 2018 (8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
San Antonio: September 20, 2018 (8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
Meet Your Instructor: J. Lee Whittington, Ph.D.
Whittington is a Professor of Management in the Satish & Yasmin Gupta College of Business.
His research has been published in The Leadership Quarterly, Journal of Management,
Academy of Management Review, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Journal of Business
Research, and Journal of Business Strategy among many others.
Whittington's industry experience includes over 20 years in manufacturing and distribution,
including executive positions in marketing, logistics and general management. Whittington
has spent over 20 years executive coaching and consulting for various organizations
including Nokia, FedEx-Kinko’s, RadioShack, Siemens, Life.Church, Reynolds Metals,
Ball Container, Camp Fire Boys and Girls, Valor Telecom, City of Arlington and the
US Army Corps of Engineers.
- Understanding Engagement and Why It Matters
- The Foundations of Engagement
- The Engagement Factor Model Overview
- Assessing the Level of Engagement
- Setting the Context 1: The HR Value Chain
- Setting the Context 2: The High Performance Cycle
- The Road to Engagement Goes Through Meaningful Work
- Creating Meaning at Work through Transformational Leadership
- Creating Meaning in Work by Enriching Jobs
- Bringing Meaning to Work
- The Consequences of Engagement: In-role Performance
- Beyond In-role Performance: Organizational Citizenship Behavior
- Stuff That Works: An Evidence-Based Approach to Enhancing Employee Engagement