Satish & Yasmin Gupta College of Business Graduate Scholarship
Amount: Scholarship recipients will receive an exclusive rate of $1,000 per credit hour for
the remainder of their program.
Eligibility: New students who have demonstrated significant achievements may be selected for a
Gupta College of Business Scholarship.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Be admitted to the MBA or MS program within the Satish & Yasmin Gupta College of Business. Graduate
certificate and non-degree seeking students are not eligible.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per term.
- Remain in good academic standing.
- Meet the following application deadlines (only applicants who have submitted all required
application documents and fees will be considered):
Application Completion Deadlines:
- Fall term: July 1 (Fall term begins in August and ends in December)
- Spring term: December 1 (Spring term begins in January and ends in April)
- Summer term: April 1 (Summer term begins in May or June and ends in August)
If your application is considered complete by the above deadlines, you will be automatically
considered for a scholarship (no additional application required).
DFW RIMS (Risk Management Society) Scholarship
DFW RIMS is proud to continue its program of offering scholarships to outstanding
applicants who are focused on a career in risk management, insurance and related disciplines.
Graduate students are eligible, but must be current DFW RIMS members. The award requires
the recipient be enrolled full-time at an institution of higher education during the
academic year. Awards vary depending on multiple factors, including the available
amount of the scholarship fund, the number of eligible applicants, and the applicants'
qualifications. The awards generally run in the range of $250 to $3,000 per scholarship.
The DFW RIMS Education Committee will consider applicants who meet some or all of
the following criteria:enrollment status: full time graduate student (6 or more hours
- Field of study - normally a risk management discipline with a business curriculum.
- Career objective in risk management.
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Relevant work experience.
- Leadership skills.
- DFW RIMS membership (note that student memberships are available).
- Membership in the Gamma Iota Sigma risk management fraternity.
The exact deadline for scholarship applications varies by year but is in mid-September;
please see the scholarship application for the exact deadline. Scholarships are announced
in late September or early October and recipients are requested to attend DFW RIMS's
Fall Symposium in order to receive their scholarship. When available, Fall Symposium
information may be found on the DFW RIMS website.
Many private scholarships are available to accounting students. See the following
web sites for possible scholarship opportunities:
AICPA Minority Scholarships
AICPA John L. Carey Scholarships
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
National Association of Black Accountants National Scholarship Program
National Society of Accountants Scholarship Foundation