University of Dallas
Excellence in Education Conference
“Cultivating Literacy: A Framework for Practice”
Saturday, February 24, 2018
8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Where: University of Dallas Campus, Gorman Lecture Center & SB Hall
Join us for this informative and interactive conference, where you’ll hear from engaging
speakers on current and relevant topics as we discuss critical issues in education.
You can also earn four hours of CPE credit. This conference brings together scholars, researchers, educators, pre-service teachers,
professionals and other groups interested in teacher education to discuss timely topics
in the educational sciences.
Lunch will be provided for all attendees.
- Understanding Dyslexia and Learning Differences presented by Christien Bedenbaugh
with the Shelton School (2 sessions)
- Data-Driven Literacy Instruction presented by Dr. Lillian Hartmann with Pathway to
- Digital Tools for Literacy Development presented by Dr. Rebekah McPherson
- Shakespeare presented by Shakespeare Dallas and Ms. Julie Osborne Watts
- Adolescents Reading & Writing in ALL Their Languages: Developing Biliteracy in English-Medium
Classrooms presented by Dr. Mandy Stewart with Texas Women's University
- Academic Vocabulary & Structured Reading, Writing, and Speaking presented by Kristina
Feldner with Irving ISD
- Beyond the Page: Digital Book Reports for Secondary Students by Dr. Rebekah McPherson
with Walden University
- Books for a Better World 2017 - 2018 by Donalyn Miller, Author of The Book Whisperer
Registration is now Open. Please use the link below to register.
Principals - If your school is planning to pay for a group of teachers/administrators
to attend the conference, please contact Kathryn Penland at (972) 721-5389 or email@example.com. We are happy to invoice your school or district to help your registration. All
we need is the name, title, email, and school of those registering for the conference.
Where to Park:
Conference will begin at the Gorman Lecture Center is Building #14 on the campus map. Parking is best in lots J, K, L, N. If parking is not available in those lots,
please use B or P near the dorms and our main entrance.
Lunch & the Keynote Speaker will be in SB Hall, building #19 on the map.
Signs will be located around campus to direct to the Gorman Lecture Center for the