Student Disability Services

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) / Section 504

The University of Dallas will not exclude or impede an otherwise qualified individual with disability, by sole reason of disability, from participation in University programs and activities. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to facilitate students with disabilities access to and participation in University programs, events, classes and administrative activities.

Requests for Accommodations

Students requesting accommodations should submit their request online here. Supporting documentation should be submitted through e-mail to Once submitted, the ADA/Section 504 Coordinator will review the request to determine if the student has a qualifying condition under the ADA/Section 504. The Coordinator will also verify that a credentialed professional substantiates the student's request and that the assessment has been conducted within the past three years. Additional information regarding the supporting documentation required to substantiate a request for accommodation may be found here.

Proctor Requests

Students who have been granted a testing accommodation that necessitates a proctor may submit online here their request for a specific test to be proctored. 

Disability Accommodations in High School and College

While the ADA and Section 504 apply at both the high school and college levels, they do not apply in exactly the same manner. The United States Department of Education has provided a helpful guide for students that explains some of the important differences between the way disability accommodations apply in the high school and college environments. That guide can be found here


Students who complain of any alleged violations of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 or the Americans with Disabilities Act may present their complaint to the ADA/Section 504 Coordinator, Joshua Skinner, J.D. (972-721-5056). The Coordinator assists in an informal resolution of the complaint or guides the complainant to the appropriate individual or process for resolving the complaint.

Disability Accommodations for Non-Students

If you are a visitor to the University of Dallas seeking a disability accommodation, please contact the ADA/Section 504 Coordinator. If you are an employee of the University, please contact Human Resources at

Frequently Asked Questions

For additional information and for answers to frequently asked questions, please check here.