Engaging the media. Moving the university forward.
The Office of Marketing & Communications works to enhance the reputation, visibility
and understanding of the university by collaborating with campus units to publicize news and major events to local, regional and national news outlets. We also
administer a student hometown news program, Hometown UD.
From a news and information perspective our office is responsible for:
- Creating and distributing press releases, tip sheets and media advisories
- Assisting journalists looking for compelling student and faculty stories
- Facilitating media coverage of UD, including media visits to campus
- Providing media training and assistance when engaging with the media
- Connecting journalists and faculty subject matter experts