Facilities Recycling Program
Your Facilities department is committed to environmental compliance. Not only do we
follow EPA /TCEQ guidelines in the disposal of the wastes generated here on campus,
we have also partnered with Balcones Recycling Inc. to bring recycling opportunities to the campus.
- Cardboard Only Containers: For cardboard only.
- Single Stream & Mixed Stream: Types of waste streams defined by the recycler.
- Glass Totes: 95 gallon container designed for glass deposits.
- Shredding bins (for department use only).
Items Approved and Accepted for Recycling
∙White Office paper
∙Colored office paper ∙Carbonless
∙Envelopes (with or without windows) ∙Paperboard
∙Magazines & Catalogs ∙Aluminum
∙Glass (goes in 95 gallon totes on Haggar Dock) ∙Plastics
∙Cardboard (goes into "cardboard only" containers)
Items NOT Accepted for Recycling
∙Chemical Wastes ∙Feminine Napkins ∙Styrofoam
∙Light Bulbs ∙Sharps (of any kind) ∙TV Dinner aluminum
∙Pesticides ∙Aerosol Cans Food Wastes
∙Oily Rags ∙Grease & Oils ∙Wet
∙Petroleum Products ∙E-wastes ∙Paints
∙Lab (Bio) Wastes ∙Scrap Metals Chemical products
∙Thermometers or any mercury containing equipment (MCE's)
We recycle and dispose of these items on a regular basis, just not in the main campus
recycling bins. If you have any questions regarding the items just mentioned contact
Facilities at (972)721-5296.
In order to be as efficient as possible please follow these tips:
- Please do not throw any half filled cups, bottles, cans, or containers of any liquid
waste, or food waste into the recycle bins. Make sure the items you deposit are empty,
& dry. Any materials that have been contaminated by food wastes are not considered
- Close the lid on the recycle container once you have made your deposit.
- Place cardboard in the containers marked for it, and not in the containers marked,
- Please break down cardboard boxes before depositing them into the "cardboard only" containers.
- If your recycle container is full and you would like it emptied please submit a Facilities
Work Request orcall extension 5296.
Recycling Container Locations
- Haggar Dock Compactor: All approved recyclables listed above except for glass . Glass
is deposited in a separate tote container.
- E-waste is recycled, however we do not have a campus site to store your office e-waste.
Please wait for the email announcing the next campus e-waste collection date.
- Shredding bins are for department use only and are requested via work order.