Supporting First-Generation College Students
- Applicants must be current, full-time undergraduate University of Dallas students.
- Applicants must be eligible for a Pell Grant for the 2023-24 aid year or have an EFC
equivalent to Pell Grant eligibility with submission of a 2023-2024 TASFA.
- Applicants must be first-generation college students; defined as a student whose parent(s)/legal
guardian(s) have not completed a bachelor's degree.
- Applicants must have either been born in Texas or be current Texas residents.
In addition to the qualifications above, the student must complete the following steps
to apply for this scholarship:
- By Friday, March 24, 2023 at 5:00 pm, sign up to participate in First Gen Small Groups.
- By Friday, March 24, 2023, sign up for a FREE Optimal Work Premium Subscription by completing the following steps:
- Create a free account at OptimalWork.com by clicking on "Start Free Trial".
- Click on the user icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen, click on settings,
navigate to the coupon section, and then enter the code UDPremiumPilot.
- Verify your email.
- Complete the survey and inventory you are prompted to complete on the Optimal Work
- Between now and Friday, March 31, 2023, attend and document attendance at at least
three Small Group activities (including Study Halls).
- Between now and Friday, March 31, 2023, complete the first four lessons of the Optimal
Work Premium Subscription you signed up for.
- After you have completed the above steps, complete the application below which includes submission of a 300-word essay in which you reflect on your experience
with Small Groups and Optimal Work. Please upload your essay within the application form using either Word or pdf format.
The deadline to submit the application and essay is by midnight CDT on Friday, March
Completing these tasks will count as your application for scholarship funding from
the Constantin Foundation for 2023/2024, with the understanding that you will continue
as a First Gen Small Group Participant throughout the academic year.
If you have any questions about First Gen Small Groups or signing up for Optimal Work,
please contact Dr. Spring at email@example.com.
Applications must be received by midnight CDT on March 31, 2023.
Note: Eligible students who submit this application will also be reviewed for endowment
scholarships. Students submitting this application may submit an application for Endowment
Scholarships but it is not required to be considered.