Skip to Main Content

Accepted Students

Welcome to the University of Dallas!

We feel that you have a great deal to contribute to the University because of your unique background and experience, and we invite you to help American students and members of the Irving community broaden their knowledge of other countries and cultures.

F-1 Visa Information

When you are accepted to enroll in a University of Dallas program and you have demonstrated that you have sufficient funding for your studies, an I-20, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status will be issued and sent to you.

Paying the SEVIS Fee

SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) is the data base of the U.S. Federal Government Department of Homeland Security that keeps records on students studying in the U.S.

Pre-Arrival Information

Coming to the U.S. - What you should know before you leave home.

Orientation Schedule

For each of the programs at the university, the International Office schedules a separate regulatory/informational orientation for F-1 students who are new to the University of Dallas.

Health/Medical Insurance

The University of Dallas requires International Students in F-1 status to carry Student Health Insurance.

Can I get a Social Security Card?

When you have F-1 status, you are eligible to work on campus and eventually off campus. When employed you are are able to get a Social Security Number.

How to get a Driver's License

The issuing of drivers' licenses in Texas comes under the jurisdiction of the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS).