This notice is just a friendly reminder to our residents regarding the upcoming Thanksgiving
break closing, end of the semester policies for campus housing and the food service
schedules. This same information can be used to make travel plans.
- Thanksgiving Break – Friday, November 22 is the last day of classes before the Thanksgiving break. All
residence halls on campus will close for Thanksgiving week beginning at 10:00 a.m.
on Saturday, November 23 and ending at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, December 1. See "Food
Service" section below.
- Fall Closing - We prefer that residents check out of their rooms two hours after their last final
exam is over. The official hall closing time, however, is 10:00 a.m. on Friday, December 20.
All residents MUST be out of the halls by this time; absolutely no exceptions are possible. If students
are unable to leave campus by then, private arrangements with local family or friends
off campus or with a local hotel must be made. Hall residents that are remaining in
the same locations for the spring semester simply need to complete a "Fall Semester
Closing Checklist" and return the form to their Resident Assistant immediately prior
to departure from campus at the end of the fall. Failure to comply with instructions
on the form may results in fines.
- Interterm – At 4:00 p.m. on Monday, December 1, only one hall will open for Interterm students who request paid campus housing during this
period via an Interterm application from within the eRez housing program. Those who
properly secure housing for this period from the Office of Student Affairs will be
notified via email regarding swipe card programming and relocation details, if necessary.
- Spring Opening - Halls reopen for the spring semester on Sunday, January 19, 2020 after 8:00 a.m.
Returning spring residents may not move back in any earlier.
Continuing spring residents may remain in their apartments during all or any part
of either the Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday breaks. However, if leaving your
apartment for any extended period, please disconnect your electronics and small kitchen
appliances. Thermostats should also be left no lower than 55 degrees in order to
prevent frozen water pipes.
Any apartment residents moving out at the end of the fall semester should discontinue
electric accounts and must formally check out of their apartment prior to departure
at the end of the fall semester.
- Thanksgiving Break - During the Thanksgiving break, residence halls are closed. Full food service in
the café ends with dinner on Friday, November 22 and does not resume until the evening
dinner on Sunday, December 1. The Rathskeller will also be closed for the week.
- Fall Closing - Food service for the semester ends in the café with dinner on Wednesday, December 18,
- Interterm - There is no food service available during the winter Interterm semester.
- Spring Opening – Halls reopen Sunday, January 19, 2020. Food service resumes in the café for the
spring semester with dinner on Sunday, January 19. The Rathskeller reopens on Tuesday,
January 21, 2020.
Students going to Rome for the spring must complete their Room Condition Report form
in eRez, check out with their Resident Assistant and take all personal property home
with them at the end of the fall semester. No on-campus storage space is available.
Items left behind will be considered abandoned property and will be disposed of accordingly.
Checkout includes leaving the residential area in a "broom-clean" state. All living
areas will be checked and compared to Room Condition Reports. Damages other than normal
wear and tear will be noted, and fines will be assessed and billed to the students’
Feel free to contact the Office of Student Affairs with any questions or concerns
regarding any of these matters.