Move-In and Orientation: August 13-18, 2020
Thank you for your patience as we work on finalizing an orientation and move-in schedule.
Below is a skeleton orientation schedule; this schedule will likely change, but it is a good guide for when to move-in and when
parents should plan to depart campus. As a reminder, orientation is mandatory for all incoming students.
- Thursday, August 13: Move-In for Gregory, Theresa, and Augustine Halls. 8:30-10:30: Last Names Starting A-F; 10:30-1:30 p.m.: Last Names starting G-N; 1:30-3:30:
Last Names Starting O-Z. Meals on this day are on your own.
- Friday, August 14: Move-In for Jerome, Madonna, and O'Connell Halls. 8:30-10:30: Last Names Starting A-F; 10:30-1:30 p.m.: Last Names starting G-N; 1:30-3:30:
Last Names Starting O-Z. There will be a few sessions for students and parents in the afternoon. Commuter
students have a mandatory meeting on Friday at 7:30 p.m. Parents should say "see you later!" to students on Friday night. One meal, dinner,
will be provided to students and parents.
- Saturday, August 15: Orientation activities all day, including a mock-class focusing on our UD Reads Book,
The Underground Railroad! Students should receive a copy of the book shortly. We're
excited about welcoming you to our community as we think through how we are going
to live life, together, this year. The university meal plan will begin, and all first-year commuter students will have
meals paid for through Tuesday, August 18th.
- Sunday, August 16: Mass in the morning and orientation activities through the evening.
- Monday-Tuesday, August 17-18: Preparing for classes, including advisor meetings, the English writing exam, a shuttle
to Target and Kroger, an outdoor movie, and a work-study job fair.
Please also note that ALL new students are required by the state of Texas to submit proof of various immunizations as outlined on the
immunization records page of the required medical form. Requests for exemption must
be directed to the state. Additional details will be provided upon confirmation of acceptance to UD.
Getting to Campus
Although the University of Dallas DART light rail station is now open, there are still
minor ongoing road improvements around the perimeter of campus. Please drive with
caution through these areas. Before beginning your trip, please take a look at the
most up-to-date roadway information via the links below.