"Mathematics is a more powerful instrument of knowledge than any other that has been
bequeathed to us by human agency." - Descartes
Amount: $1000 - $5000 Per Year
Eligibility: High School Seniors and Transfer Students
Application available: August 1
Deadline to apply: January 15
Deadline to interview on campus: January 31
To Apply for the Mathematics Department Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to University of Dallas.
- Complete the Mathematics Departmental Scholarship Application and submit two weeks prior to your campus visit and interview. Attach any supplemental material to the online application OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a short essay answering the question: "How has your study of mathematics influenced
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school or college mathematics teacher.
- Submit your most recent high school transcript.
- Schedule an on-campus interview with the Mathematics Department by registering for
Odyssey Day or a personalized visit.
- Applicants should be prepared for a written exam and an oral interview.
Apply for Scholarship
The Mathematics Department Scholarship is renewable annually for four consecutive
school years, dependent upon the student's academic performance and the criteria stated
- Fulfill general scholarship renewal criteria.
- Take Linear Point Set Theory by the sophomore year and one other advanced mathematics
course (3000 or above) by the end of the junior year.