"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of
all true art and all science..."
Amount: $1000 - $5000 Per Year
Eligibility: High School Seniors and Transfer Students
Application available: August 1
Deadline to apply: December 1
Deadline to interview on campus: November 18
Deadline to interview virtually: December 14
Although many applicants may be qualified in multiple subject areas, each student
may only apply for one departmental scholarship award.
To Apply for the Physics Department Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to the University of Dallas.
- Complete the Physics Departmental Scholarship Application and submit at least two weeks prior to your campus visit and interview. Attach any supplemental material to the online application OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school or college physics teacher.
- Submit your most recent high school transcript.
- Scan and submit the online physics quiz.
- Once you have completed your application you will be instructed on how to schedule
an on-campus interview with the Physics Department.
Apply for Scholarship
The Physics Department Scholarship is renewable annually for four consecutive school
years, dependent upon the student's academic performance and the criteria stated below:
- Fulfill general scholarship renewal criteria.
- Enroll in General Physics during your first year.
- Physics 2311 and Physics 2111, Calculus-based General Physics I with lab
- Physics 2312 and Physics 2112, Calculus-based General Physics II with lab
- Successfully complete the following courses in Physics:
- Physics 3320 and Physics 3120, Quantum Physics with lab
- Physics 3363, Computational Physics
- Note: Quantum Physics and Computational Physics are usually taken during the sophomore
year. (Substitutions may be approved by the Chair of the Physics Department.)