Apply as a Transfer Student
The University of Dallas welcomes transfer students who have proven to be academically
successful at another postsecondary institution.
Whether transferring from a community college or a 4-year degree program, completing
your schooling at UD can broaden your educational foundation through a liberal arts
curriculum rooted in the Great Books of Western tradition, as well as detailed studies
in a specific major. Students considering transferring to UD are invited to apply
for the Fall or Spring semester and are encouraged to make the transition as early
as possible during their academic career.
Transfer Student Application Requirements
If you are considering transferring to the University of Dallas, you may find our
Academic Advising Sheet helpful during this process. This sheet should act as a guide in determining which
credits will transfer and will also assist you in deciding which courses to take while
in the transfer transition. All credits are subject to the approval of the Academic
In order to be considered for admission to the University of Dallas, transfer students
- Complete the online institutional application.
- Instructor evaluation (via the admission portal).
- University of Dallas Member Questions (via the admission portal).
- Look over the Academic Advising Sheet to see what courses/credits will or will not transfer.
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Submit official college transcripts for each institution attended.
- Submit your $50 application fee or an official fee waiver form. You may submit payment electronically.
- If you have fewer than 24 hours of college credit, send a final official high school transcript and official ACT and/or SAT score reports.
ACT and/or SAT score reports appearing on official high school transcripts are acceptable.
Send all documents to:
Office of Undergraduate Admission & Financial Aid
1845 E. Northgate Drive
Irving, TX 75062