2021 Baccalaureate Mass & Commencement Ceremony
The Spring Commencement ceremony has been scheduled for May 16, 2021, for May 2021 undergraduate and graduate students of the Constantin College of Liberal Arts, the Braniff Graduate School of Liberal Arts, the Satish and Yasmin Gupta College of Business and the Ann & Joe O. Neuhoff Institute for Ministry & Evangelization (and any August and December 2020 graduates who did not attend graduation in December).
Saturday, May 15, 2021
Sunday, May 16, 2021
Toyota Music Factory
316 W. Las Colinas Blvd.
Irving, TX 75039
RSVP by April 26, 2021
Featuring Special Guest and Keynote Speaker
Archbishop Bashar Matti Warda, Archbishop of Erbil, Iraq
Archbishop Warda is well known for his wide-ranging support for the Christian refugees
in Iraq, and for promoting interreligious dialog and environmental protection in Iraq.
As part of his efforts to support the continuing Christian presence in Iraq, the Archbishop
founded the Catholic University in Erbil, which was inaugurated in 2015.
Ordained a priest in 1993, he joined the Redemptorist order of Flanders in Belgium
two years later. After receiving his MA at the Catholic University of Louvain in 1999
he returned to Iraq. In 2009 the Synod of Bishops of the Chaldean Catholic Church
elected him for service as a bishop, and Bishop Warda was consecrated in July 2010.
- Graduates must be registered. You can check the prospective graduates list at the Registrar’s Office to ensure
that your name, major and all other information is correct.
- Guest Registration and Limits: Please note that graduates are limited to 3 guests due to COVID-19 restrictions and protocols. Guest names and their individual emails
must be registered here, as electronic tickets will be sent by email individually to guests at the beginning
of May. Electronic tickets will be required at the door.
- ADA requests: To request a disability-related accommodation or wheelchair access information, please
contact Hannah Rogers at 806-445-9381 or firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably at least a week in advance of the event. You can also find more information
- Virtual Streaming: The Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement exercises will be livestreamed for any guests
who cannot attend or wish to participate virtually. The link to this streaming will
be posted on the UD website.
- Cap, gown and other commencement-related items may be ordered through Herff Jones. The deadline for ordering caps and gowns is April 19. The bookstore will not have
any caps or gowns in stock.
- Hotels: UD has secured special rates at local hotels. Please check the right column on the
Commencement webpage for links.