The Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE), reporting to the Provost, fosters continuous improvement at the University of Dallas by providing leadership, guidance and support for planning, assessment, analysis, and reporting processes aligned to the mission of the university. OIE serves as the official source of institutional data to inform strategic planning, budgeting, accreditation, and assessment needs within the University.
We focus on fulfilling the following goals:
- Service to excellence iin data which strengthens a campus-wide strategy for using data to support decision-making processes.
- The implementation of a data strategy focused on establishing a campus-wide culture of data utilizing a shared data governance approach.
- Providing direct data decision support to university-wide student success initiatives.
- The oversight of all state and federal compliance reporting and third-party publisher inquiries (see policy).
- Providing consultation and analyses of complex research projects, survey development, student success initiatives, strategic planning, and assessment activities.
As professionals, we follow the code of ethics adopted by the Association for Institutional Research, (AIR) the premier international organization for institutional researchers serving in higher education.
Enhance Data Use and Access
OIE strives to become the go-to destination for institutional decision support services for all units of the university and external bodies as necessary. We provide accurate and timely data and/or analysis within the community to meet a variety of needs using up-to-date data standards to facilitate accurate collection, analysis, and interpretation of institutional data.
Support Accreditation and Assessment
OIE aligns accreditation and assessment efforts with the SACSCOC Accreditation Liaison that articulate the knowledge, skills and dispositions that UD expects students to develop while enrolled. OIE will stay current with best practices through coordination with local and federal accreditation entities.
The OIE office welcomes collaboration with faculty, staff, and administration to grow our mission. OIE will develop effective working relationships with offices serving students. OIE will support data governance by establishing a Data Council to support continuous review of our data standards and create partnerships among offices.