Mr. Ron E. Scrogham holds a M.A .in French from the University of Kansas and an M.L.S.
from Emporia State University. He has taught French at a Catholic high school in Kansas
City, Missouri, and dual-credit French though Rockhurst University. He has published
articles on Flaubert and on library science. His research interests concern the relationship
of thought of Albert Camus and Simone Weil with that of Thomas Merton.
- Master of Library Science—Emporia State University, 1999.
- Master of Arts—French, University of Kansas, 1997.
- Bachelor of Arts—Liberal Arts, St. John’s College, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1993.
- First year French I
- French for Reading Knowledge I
Albert Camus, Simone Weil, and the French influence on the development of the thought
of Thomas Merton
- “The Echo of the Name ‘Iaokanann’ in Flaubert’s Hérodias.” French Review, vol. 71, no. 5, 1998, pp. 775-84.
- “The American Public Library and Its Fragile Future.” New Library World, vol. 107, no. 1/2, 2006, pp. 7-15.
- Kansas Library Association’s Tri-Conference, 2005.
- American Library Association’s Annual Conference, 2005