Institutional scholarships for incoming students
Click here. You will be redirected to the undergraduate scholarship page.
This includes merit awards, departmental scholarships, and more.
Outside Scholarships awarded by UD
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
These scholarships are not offered or maintained by the University. Please contact
the scholarship organization with any questions about the scholarship or website.
This list has been put together to help students begin their scholarship search and
does not include all outside scholarship opportunities.
You must report any awards received from outside UD to our office as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made for appropriate credit. To report
outside scholarships electronically, please log in to BannerWeb. Click on 1) Financial Aid, 2) Award, and 3) Award for Aid Year. Pick 2017/2018 Aid Year from the drop down menu. Submit your award(s) on the Resources/Add'l Information tab.
Ongoing (Check website for details and deadlines)
- Accounting Scholarships via Accounting.com
- $1,500 Adventographer Travel Scholarship: Submit one photo you have taken
- Air Force ROTC or Army ROTC
- Americorp Education Award
- $1,500 Autolist Used Car to Dream Car Scholarship
- $1,500 Barry's Tickets Scholarship
- $500 Catholic United Scholarship (open annually Mar 1-Apr 30)
- $2,500 Compare Cards College Scholarship (expires the 14th of every month, resets the 15th)
- $2,500 Discover Student Loan Scholarships (random drawings through 2017)
- $1,000 Don’t Text & Drive Scholarship (Mar and Sept)
- Fulbright Study Abroad Scholarships
- Funding your Computer Science Degree
- GI Bill Benefits Comparison Tool
- Gates Millenium Scholars
- $1,000 H&P Veterans Helping Veterans Scholarship
- $500 I Heart My School Scholarship
- $500 Innovation Scholarship (deadline is the 20th of every month)
- $1,000 Grade Potential Tutoring Scholarship
- Knights of Columbus
- $5,000 Nitro College Scholarship (multiple deadlines)
- $1,500 The Reality Medics Scholarship
- $2,500 Redfin Scholarship: Write an essay on low-cost housing
- $500 Richard West Law Office Bi-Annual Scholarship
- $2,500 (per year!) Scholarship for Latino Students: Essay for students of hispanic heritage. 2 deadlines annually: January 31 and August
- $1,000 UncommonGoods Scholarships (July 15 & Dec 15): for qualified undergraduate art or design majors
- $500 Theater Masks Bi-annual Scholarship
- $1,000 Varsity Tutors College Scholarship Contest
- $1,000 Zumper Apartments Scholarship
1st Quarter:January thru March
2nd Quarter: April thru June
3rd Quarter: July thru September
4th Quarter:October thru December
- $1,500 (max) HALO Branded Solutions Scholarship (Nov 1): Essay, letter of rec, and 3.25 GPA required
- $1,000 Software Testing Scholarship (Nov 1): Short essay on software development and testing
- $1,000 River Cohen College Scholarship (Nov 30): Answer this question, “How can philanthropy change the world?”
- $1,000 Steinger, Iscoe & Greene Law Scholarship for Child Advocates (Nov 30): Open to those who have personally worked to protect children's rights or stop abuse
or if you are an abuse survivor who wishes to use your own experiences to help others.
- $1,000 Annual Cyber Awareness Training Scholarship (annually on Dec 1)
- $1,000 Guitar Pal Art Scholarship (Dec 1): For an arts student who can write an essay on “How My Favorite Artist Inspired Me.”
- $1,000 Fight Back From Cancer Scholarship (Dec 10): Essay related to how cancer has affected your life or how it is to care
for someone with cancer.
- $1,000 Scholarship For Emerging Social Media Geniuses (Dec 15)
- $1,000 Study Pug Scholarship (Dec 15): Essay discussing how online learning is changing the traditional educational model
- $500 Support Collectors Scholarship (Dec 15): For a student who has been affected by family separation
- $1000 Unpakt College Scholarship (Dec 15): An essay about where you see yourself moving to start your professional life after
- $1,000 VelvetJobs Scholarship (Dec 16): Write a short essay on a morale-boosting idea
- $1,000 Fitwirr Scholarship (Dec 30): Write a 500 to 1,000 essay on “How to eat healthy in college.”
- $500 AfterCollege Business Student Scholarship (Dec 31): For currently enrolled business students.
- $500 AfterCollege Succurro Scholarship (Dec 31): For currently enrolled students, any discipline.
- $2,500 PayScale's 2nd Annual Women in STEM Scholarship (Dec 31)
- $1,000 TopProducts Single Mother Scholarship (Dec 31): To help single moms who have shown strong scholastic ability
- $2,000 Veteran Benefits Scholarship (Dec 31)