Institutional scholarships for incoming students
Click here. You will be redirected to the undergraduate scholarship page.
This includes merit awards, departmental scholarships, and more.
Study Abroad Scholarships
Outside Scholarships awarded by UD
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
These scholarships are not offered or maintained by the University. Please contact
the scholarship organization with any questions about the scholarship or website.
This list has been put together to help students begin their scholarship search and
does not include all outside scholarship opportunities.
You must report any awards received from outside UD to our office as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made for appropriate credit. To report
outside scholarships electronically, please log in to BannerWeb. Click on 1) Financial Aid, 2) Award, and 3) Award for Aid Year. Pick the applicable aid year from the drop down menu. Submit your award(s) on the Resources/Add'l Information tab.
How to Spot Scholarship Scams
Ongoing (Check website for details and deadlines)
- $1,500 Adventographer Travel Scholarship: Submit one photo you have taken.
- Air Force ROTC or Army ROTC
- Americorp Funding Opportunities
- $1,500 Autolist Used Car to Dream Car Scholarship
- Communities Foundation of Texas Scholarships
- $500 Catholic United Scholarship (opens annually Mar 1-Apr 30)
- $2,500 Compare Cards College Scholarship (expires the 14th of every month, resets the 15th)
- $10,000 Discover Student Loan Scholarships (random drawings through the year)
- $1,100 BI-ANNUAL Dolman Law Group scholarship: video essay contest
- $1,000 Don’t Text & Drive Scholarship (Mar and Sept)
- Fulbright Study Abroad Scholarships
- Funding your Computer Science Degree
- GI Bill Benefits Comparison Tool
- Gates Millenium Scholars
- $1,000 H&P Veterans Helping Veterans Scholarship
- $500 I Heart My School Scholarship
- $500 Innovation Scholarship (deadline is the 20th of every month)
- $1,000 Grade Potential Tutoring Scholarship
- Jackie Robinson Foundation (opens Nov 1; closes Feb 1 annually)
- Knights of Columbus
- $5,000 Nitro College Scholarship (multiple deadlines)
- $2,500 OppU Achievers Scholarship (End of March, June, Sept, Dec): celebrates students who transform opportunity into
- $5,000 G2 Crowd Entrepreneurial Scholarship (varies, check website): For 12 college students who exemplify an entrepreneurial
spirit and mindset
- $1,500 The Reality Medics Scholarship
- $2,500 Redfin Scholarship: Write an essay on low-cost housing
- $500 Richard West Law Office Bi-Annual Scholarship
- $2,500 (per year!) Scholarship for Latino Students: Essay for students of Hispanic heritage. 2 deadlines annually: January 31 and August
- $1,000 UncommonGoods Scholarships (July 15 & Dec 15): for qualified undergraduate art or design majors
- $500 Theater Masks Bi-annual Scholarship+
- Sleep Scholarships : Multiple scholarships ranging in amount and eligability
- $1,000 Varsity Tutors College Scholarship Contest
- $5,000 Religious Scholars Program
- $500-$2,000 College Board Opportunity Scholarships
1st Quarter:January thru March
- Texas to UK Scholarship (Jan 1): Tuition-only funding for undergraduate students currently enrolled in college
in Texas and spending a semester in the UK. Must be a STEM or business major.
- $1,000 Brain Cradle's Technology Scholarship (Jan 1): Write a 600-800 word essay exploring how you've overcome something challenging in
your life which has enable you to be who you are today.
- $1,000 Lulu's Scholarship (Jan 1): Submit a survey.
- $1,000 Protoly Scholarship (Feb 1): Please write a 1,000 to 1,500 word essay answering given questions about an educator
in your life.
- $1,000 Bill of Rights Scholarship (Feb 29): A 750-1000 word essay answering the following: Is there an amendment in the Bill
of Rights that stands out as being the most important to you, in your opinion? Why
or why not?
- $1,500 Sweet and Simple Scholarship (Feb 29): Complete an application with a sweet and simple essay.
- $1,000 Yellow Web and Mobile App Development Scholarship Program (Mar 1): Also, be a first-year student in an art & design-related program
- Undergraduate Scholarship (Mar 31): Must be a Texas/UK resident and be majoring in a STEM program. British American
Foundation of Texas.
- $5,000 Susan Howard Community Service Award (Mar 31): Can be used for tuition only. For students currently working on an inspiring
community service project.
- $1,000 Legit Writing Services Scholarship (Mar 31): Must submit an essay of at least 1,000 words on the topic of "The Future of American
- $1,000 Ballachy Scholarship (Mar 31): Write an essay of 1,200+ words on the topic “How photography can help conserve and
2nd Quarter: April thru June
3rd Quarter: July thru September
4th Quarter:October thru December
- $1,000 Pickleball Scholarship (Oct 10): Write 1200 words on the topic of "the importance of playing sport in daily life among
all age groups"
- $500 Pretty Photoshop Actions Bi-Annual Scholarship (annually April 15 & Oct 15): compose an essay-style Adobe Photoshop tutorial)
- $1,000 Bookmundi's Travel the World Scholarship (Oct 15): Write a 1,000 to 1,500 word essay on a given question.
- $1,000 House Method Scholarship (Oct. 15): Submit an essay no longer than 1,000 words that answers the question: How do you hope
to improve the way people live in their homes?
- $2,000 American Muscle Scholarship (Oct 15): who you are and how you plan on using your automotive education to incite positive
change and innovation within the custom car industry
- $1,000 Reedsy Creative Writing Scholarship (Oct 21): Submit a copy of the first chapter of your original, unpublished novel.
- $3,000 Extreme Terrain Scholarship (June 30, Oct 30): 700 word essay that describes who you are, why you feel it is important to maintain
access to public lands for recreational use and how you plan to use your degree to
advocate for the recreational use of public lands
- $1,000 Responsify Empowering Others Scholarship (Oct 20): Submit a 1,000-1,500 word essay on why empowering others is so important.
- $10,000 Academic Hero Scholarship (Oct 31): submit a 500-word essay.
- $3,000 One Mile at a Time Scholarship (Oct 31): Submit a ~1,000 word essay or video on paying it forward.
- $1,000 Zip Hearing Health Awareness Scholarship (Nov 1): Submit an essay on why hearing health awareness is so important to you.
- $1,250 Pusch and Nguyen College Scholarship (Nov 1): Write an essay about the reasons why people continue to drink and drive, despite the
widely used ride-share applications available today. What initiatives could be executed
to address those reasons.
- $2,000 Macrogen Next Generation Scholarship (July 1 and Dec 1): 500-700-word essay, or a video (less than 3 minutes long) on your choice of a given
- $5,000 Osmosis Scholarship (Nov 4): Must be pursing a program in health education.
- $1,000 Finding Answers Connectivity Scholarship (Nov 7): Submit a 1000 word essay answering a set of given questions.
- $500 Worker's Advocacy Scholarship (Nov 30): No more than 500 words describing your interest in advocating on behalf of workers
or discuss a unique experience with workers’ rights issues
- $2,500 Legal Studies Scholarship (Nov 30): Demonstrate your dedication to the study of law in 500 words or less. Tell why you're
interested in the study of law.
- $2,000 Blank Style Scholarship (Nov 30): Please submit a one thousand word essay explaining how the blankstyle.com scholarship
could help you to accomplish your goals
- $1,000 Anyplace Scholarship Program (Dec 1): Short video required to demonstrate interest in travel.
- $1,000 ZInda Law Group Scholarship (Dec 1): Applicants should be pursuing study in political science. government, or related field.
Submit a 500+ word essay that explains why you are a good canidate.
- $1,000 Larson Law Office Scholarship (Dec 1): Write a 1000-word essay describing your family and how they have influenced you to
become the person you are today.
- $1,000 Ashoori Law Good Deeds Scholarship (Dec 1): Write an essay introducing yourself, explaiing an act of kindless, the impact it has
had, and how it has shaped you.
- $1,000 Anyplace Scholarship (Dec 1): Create a short video about a recent vacation experience.
- $1,000 Toscano Law Firm Scholarship (Dec 1): Please write a 1,000-word essay explaining a personal hardship or catastrophic event
that you have experienced. Did you manage to overcome the obstacle? How did you grow
from the experience?
- $500 National Founder's Undergraduate Business Scholarship (Dec 9): Sumit a cover letter summarizing your interest and experience in entrepreneurship.
- $1,000 Last House Scholarship (Dec 10): Provide basic student info along with a personal statement of why you deserve the
- $2,000 SwopSmart Scholarship (Dec 14): Answer one of the given questions regarding smart phones.
- $1,250 Company.com Scholarship for Children of Small Business Owners (annually July 1 and Dec 15)
- $1,000 Uncommon Good Scholarshp (Dec 15): Submit 3 examples of your work and an artist statement.
- $1,500 Caitlan Wallace Memorial Scholarship (Dec 15): Three-page essay informing people about the dangers of drinking and driving.
- $1,00 Hotel Planner Scholarship (Dec + Aug 15): Financial assistance to military veterns and their families pursuing and undergraduate
degree related to technology.
- $500 Midway Dog Academy Scholarship (Dec 18): Students are required to submit a 1000 word essay about a pivoltal time in your life
or about an experience that influenced your own personal development.
- $500 Pet Parents Scholarship (Dec 31): Write a 750 to 1000-word essay describing a significant experience in your life that
influenced your personal development.
- $3,000 Cupons Plus Deals Scholarship (Dec 31): upload an essay describing how you save money in your daily life.
- $1,000 NCERT Books Scholarship (Dec 31): Write an essay of 1200+ words on the topic “Tips to Help your College Student stay
on a Budget.”
- $1,000 DB Designer Scholarship (Dec 31): Submit an essay of 1200+ words on the topic “Why everyone should know programming?”
- $1,000 Make Us Laugh Scholarship (May 31, Dec 31): Create a 3-5 minute long comedic video in which you showcase your
- $5,000 Vetern Hero Scholarship (Dec 31): Please submit an essay of 500 words asnwering: "What do you wish the American people better understood about military service or military
families" Must be service member or have a family member in the service.
- $500 VIP Puppies Scholarship (Dec 31): Write an essay of 1000 words on our topic: “How Can Dog Breeders Encourage Responsible
- $1,500 CFF Foundation Scholarship (Mar 30, Dec 31): write an essay (up to 1500 words) focusing on one of the essay questions that is given.
- $1,000 Texas Tour Guide Scholarship (Dec 31): Create a video about your favorite road trip destination in your state.
- $3,000 Lakeview Health Scholarship (Dec 31): supply a 1,000 word essay regarding addiction and recovery.
- $1,500 Diversity Career Group Scholarship (Dec 31): Write an essay of 750-1500 words on the subject of recruiting and job seeking.
- $5,000 Rise Up First Generation Scholarship (Dec 31): Must be the first in your family to attend college.
- $1,000 Helix Coffee Scholarship (Dec 31): Submit a 1200+ essay on the best gift ideas for coffee lovers.
- $1,500 Sleep Health Awareness Scholarship (Dec 31): Create a video answering a set of given questions.
- $2,500 Financial Literacy Scholarship (Dec 31): Write a 400 to 600 word essay responding to a prompt about financial literacy.
- $5,000 Earnest SCholarship (Dec 31): An 800-1,000 word essay answering a set of given questions is required.
- $1,000 Primitive Outpost Scholarship (Dec 31): Write an essay of 1200+ words on the topic “Some Indispensable Grooming Tips for Men"
- $1,000 Kerri Castellini Women's Leadership Scholarship (Dec 31): Submit a 500-1000 word essay that tells your idea woman leader in the 21st century.
Must be female.
- Viking Steel Scholarship (Dec 31): Several scholarships available with amounts up to $1,500
- $1,000 Make Us Laugh Scholarship (Dec 31): Submit a 3-5 minute video showcasing your comedic talents.
- $5,000 Clear Coupon Scholarship (Dec 31): Must be a third or fourth year student to apply. Write an essay about how you can
save money in your daily life.